Gift Voucher$35.00 – $250.00
Frequently Asked Questions
Support socks, also known as sports support socks or sports performance socks, are socks designed to provide comfort, support and enhance performance during activities like running, walking, gym workouts, hiking, basketball, netball, golf and tennis.
Support socks can have a range of features, but some of the key things to look out for include:
- Venting and mesh for breathability
- Moisture-wicking properties to combat sweaty feet
- Anti-blister and anti-odour protection
- Added grip to optimisation traction
- Cushioning around high-friction areas
Regardless of the sports you play or the activities you like to do, socks play an important role in bringing your A-game.
Support socks are specifically designed to provide optimum comfort and support even during high-intensity sports and activities. They can have a number of important benefits, including:
- Keeping your feet dry and cool
- Stopping friction and rubbing that can lead to blisters
- Combatting the microbes that cause smelly feet
- Optimising traction, so you can move and pivot easily
These benefits not only promote optimum foot comfort, but can also help improve your performance. Win-win.
Sport support socks come in a variety of different materials, ranging from synthetics like nylon and polyester to natural fibres like cotton and wool. Choosing the best type of performance socks comes to what you find most comfortable and supportive.
As a general rule of thumb though, the best performance socks are crafted from fabrics that combine moisture-wicking properties with anti-odour technology.
For example, Lightfeet’s sport support socks are made with Coolmax® yarns for maximum moisture management and temperature control as well as 99.9% pure silver thread, which combats the bacteria and microbes that cause smelly feet.
Lightfeet’s sport support socks are designed by top Australian podiatrists using the latest technology for optimum comfort and fit. Key features include:
- Coolmax® technical yarns for maximum moisture management and temperature control
- X-STATIC® 99.9% pure silver thread for permanent anti-odour and antimicrobial performance
- Contours to the shape of the arch to help keep the sock in place.
- Reduces friction and cushions for blister prevention. Also padded across the medial and lateral Met heads, and lateral toes – which are common rubbing and blister areas.
- Venting and mesh allows fresh air to circulate between toes
- Perfect toe seam to prevent friction and rubbing
- Left and right foot shaping for optimum comfort and protection
- Grip strips to optimise traction and energy transfer (on our Vector sock range)