Frequently Asked Questions
Breathable socks are made with special moisture-wicking materials and features that promote ventilation around the feet and allow moisture to evaporate faster. They come in a variety of different fabrics, ranging from synthetics like nylon and polyester to natural fibres like cotton and wool.
The best breathable socks offer a combination of ventilation, moisture-wicking and antimicrobial design to keep feet cool, dry and odour-free.
Lightfeet’s breathable socks feature technical yarns, cooling ventilation and anti-bacterial features that keep your feet comfy, cool and dry no matter what your feet are doing. This includes:
- Coolmax® yarns for maximum moisture management and temperature control
- X-STATIC® 99.9% pure silver thread for permanent anti-odour and antimicrobial properties
- Venting and mesh, which allows fresh air to circulate between toes
- Seamless toe seam to prevent friction and pressure points
- Padding across the medial and lateral Met heads, and lateral toes – which are common rubbing and blister areas
- Left and right foot shaping for optimum comfort and protection
Socks for sweaty feet are made with specific fibres that draw moisture away from the surface of the skin and towards the outer layer of the fabric, where it evaporates more quickly. This helps keep feet dry and cool.
On top of that, non-sweat socks have antimicrobial features that help prevent odour. For example, Lightfeet’s breathable socks include 99.9% pure silver thread, which combats the bacteria and microbes that cause smelly feet.
Whether you’re looking for breathable socks for running, gym workouts or anything else, Lightfeet’s range of podiatrist-designed socks for men and women are money-back guaranteed to feel amazingly comfy. Test them out and let us know what you think.