Frequently Asked Questions
Insoles are most commonly made from foam or gel, but can also be made from materials such as rubber, leather and cotton.
Insoles can be designed to support different needs. For example, arch support insoles support the arch of the foot, while sports insoles help provide comfort, shock absorption and injury prevention.
Our podiatrists have made it easy to find the insole that best suits your feet, activity and shoes;
- Support Insole is designed to suit anyone requiring superior arch support
- Slim Insole features superior arch support but with a slim-line design to fit narrow shoes
- Cushion Insole has a lower arch support profile & increased padding.
- They’re perfect for people seeking relief from spending all day on their feet.
- Rebound & Grip Insoles are optimised for sports performance with superior shock absorption, energy return and grip
As a general rule, it’s best to choose insoles that have been designed by podiatrists or specialists with an in-depth understanding of the mechanics of the foot. This is why the Lightfeet range of insoles, socks and thongs are all designed by top Australian sports podiatrists.
- General sore feet
- Flat feet or inadequate arch support
- Heel pain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Diabetes-related foot and leg pain
- Pregnancy-related foot and leg pain
Generally speaking, it’s best to replace insoles when they are no longer providing adequate support or have obvious visual signs of wear and tear such as compression, fading or odour. Browse our collection today to buy online, with Australia-wide shipping and international options.